A) Setting up a new gallery portfolio page
- Create a new portfolio post (Portfolio > Add new)
- Name the page and click the ‘Use Fusion Builder‘ button
- Click the ‘+ Container‘ button and pick the 1/1 column option
- Click ‘+ Element‘ and pick the Gallery option.
- Select images: upload all images you want and click “create a new gallery” then “insert gallery”
- Gallery layout should be “Grid”
- Make sure the picture size is always set to ‘Auto‘ (default settings might be ‘Fixed’)
- Number of columns should be 4.
- Column spacing should be 20.
- Choose Gallery as the Format
- Create a new portfolio category or choose an existing one (on the right-hand side of the panel)
- Set Featured image – choose last photo uploaded.
- Publish your portfolio page (Or save as draft and publish later)
Adding a Go back to gallery button
These steps allow to add a back link on each portfolio page.
- After adding a new portfolio click + container and choose 1/1 column then click + Element
- Click the ‘button‘ option.
- Button link: Add the URL the button needs to link to i.e. /gca/gallery1/gallery-2016/
- Button text: BACK TO GALLERY
- Leave remaining default options and click the Design tab at the top
- Leave the default options and select the left pointed arrow icon from Icon
- Any other option should remain as for default settings
- Save (it only saves the button settings)
- Update to save changes on portfolio page
B) Setting up a new gallery page:
- Name your page (I.e. Gallery 2016) and click the ‘Use Fusion Builder‘ button.
- Create a new 1/1 column layout and click ‘+ Element‘ and pick the Tabs option
- Make sure ‘Justify tabs‘ is set for ‘NO’
- Click the brush icon to edit your first tab
- Give your tab a title (for example ‘Winners’)
- Click the Fusion Builder icon in your Tab content toolbar and pick the Portfolio option
- In the Portfolio popup window, choose the ‘Grid‘ option under ‘Layout’
- Set the number of Columns to 4 (default would be 3).
- Posts per page = -1
- Portfolio Title Display = Only Title
- Show Filters = No
- Open the categories drop down menu and choose your desired category (For example ‘GCA Winners 2016’)
- Click ‘Insert‘ and save your tab.
- Click on the ‘+ Tab‘ button to add another tab and repeat steps 4-10
- Make sure your page is nested under the main Gallery page and that it’s using the ‘Side Navigation’ template (You can set it up under ‘Page Attributes’ in the right-hand side panel)
- Publish your new gallery page
Other photos tab
This section is slightly different to the others. You will not create a portfolio post for this section but rather add the gallery straight into your tab.
- After creating your ‘Other photos’ tab, click the Fusion Builder icon (same as step 6) but instead of choosing the Portfolio option, pick the ‘Gallery’ option.
- Select the images.
- Gallery layout should be Grid
- Picture size should be Auto
- Number of columns should be 4
- Column spacing should be 20
- Insert and Save
- Save your tab and update the page.